积分

Site Editor

积分

突出贡献

发表于 2013-8-31 10:26:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Genres: Electronic, Music, Alternative, Rock, R&B/Soul
Released: Sep 18, 2012
℗ 2012 Acéphale
How to Dress Well is musician Tom Krell, one of a score of American artists making lo-fi bedroom pop. But his niche is particularly narrow, and it’s difficult to find another singer in the genre capable of setting the mood and hitting the notes that Krell has mastered. He grew up loving R&B, and he clearly learned a few things along the way; the ease with which he coaxes a note into silken bliss or coos atmospherics into a microphone is impressive. Total Loss is the Colorado native’s second full-length release, and those who were troubled by the hiss and grit of 2010’s Love Remains will be pleased to hear his new appreciation for cleaner, lighter production values. If you’re an indie pop fan who’s unsure about R&B speaking to you, first give a listen to the slowly building, almost a cappella gem “& It Was You.” If Krell’s own backup harmonies and big, empty-room beats interlaced with crisp shakers and fingersnaps don’t pull you in, well, we might suggest a spiritual intervention. Total Loss feels well-named, with hollow piano loops, hazy strings, and sheets of echo coloring the collection with melancholy, while Krell’s voice alternately lifts and devastates.
曲目
1. When I Was In Trouble
2. Cold Nites
3. Say My Name or Say Whatever
4. Running Back
5. & It Was U
6. World I Need You, Won't Be Without You (Proem)
7. Struggle
8. How Many?
9. Talking to You
10. Set It Right
11. Ocean Floor for Everything
12. Set It Right (A Capella Version) [Bonus Track]

下载地址
购买主题 已有 2 人购买  本主题需向作者支付 8 Gold 才能浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 18:47 , Processed in 0.104951 second(s), 18 queries .