回帖

204万

积分

Site Editor

积分

突出贡献

发表于 2018-11-6 04:42:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

About RuPaul
"Sashay, shantay!" With those famous lyrics, RuPaul Andre Charles broke into the public consciousness with his 1993 hit "Supermodel (You Better Work)." The iconic actor, model, author, television personality, musician, and LGBTQ pioneer was born in San Diego and, as a teen, moved to Atlanta to study performing arts. In the early '80s, he got his start as a musician performing with his new-wave-inspired band Wee Wee Pole. RuPaul would go on to work the club scene as a backup singer and dancer, eventually making his way to New York City. His big break arrived in the '90s with his debut album Supermodel. The empowering Euro-house effort featured his biggest song, the eponymous hit that would set dancefloors and runways on fire, much like Madonna's "Vogue" three years prior. He rode the wave of sudden success, dueting with Elton John on a reworking of his 1976 classic "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," writing an autobiography (Lettin' It All Hang Out), appearing on All My Children, and premiering his own talk show, The RuPaul Show, which aired from 1996 to 1998. His sophomore LP, Foxy Lady, failed to chart on the Billboard 200, but he would continue to find support on the Dance charts for years to come.
His first Christmas album appeared in 1997, even as his focus turned toward acting and television. Seven years later, he returned to the music world with his fourth effort in 2004. Red Hot was the first album released independently on his own RuCo, Inc. label and featured the addition of some hip-hop beats stuffed in between his typical dancefloor fillers and an inspired cover of Depeche Mode's "People Are People" with Tom Trujillo.
In 2006, RuPaul released his first remix collection, ReWorked. It wasn't until three years later that he returned to the pop culture radar with his reality competition RuPaul's Drag Race. The show propelled him even further toward icon status and he notably appeared as both RuPaul the man and RuPaul the drag queen. The same year Drag Race premiered, RuPaul issued the Champion LP, followed by another remix album, Drag Race.
As Drag Race garnered accolades from GLAAD and NewNowNext, RuPaul continued to juggle his music career. Glamazon arrived in 2012, followed by a one-off single with New Orleans bounce music queen and fellow LGBTQ icon Big Freedia titled "Peanut Butter." His seventh album, Born Naked, arrived in 2014, before a double-release in 2015 of his second holiday album Slay Belles, and another LP, Realness.
In 2016, RuPaul's tenth LP, Butch Queen, debuted at number three on the Billboard Dance albums chart, his highest charting to date. He garnered another big honor that year, receiving an Emmy nomination for Best Reality Host. ~ Neil Z. Yeung

Albums list:
Discobrothers - Discobrothers Presenting Stars of the Eighties
RuPaul - American
RuPaul - Born Naked (Deluxe)
RuPaul - Butch Queen
RuPaul - Call Me Starrbooty
RuPaul - Champion
RuPaul - Cover Girl - The RuMixes
RuPaul - Drag Race
RuPaul - Essential Vol. 2
RuPaul - Foxy Lady
RuPaul - Glamazon
RuPaul - Ho Ho Ho
RuPaul - Lucian Piane - RuPaul's Drag Race The Rusical
RuPaul - Realness
RuPaul - Remember Me Essential, Vol. 1
RuPaul - RuPaul Presents CoverGurlz2
RuPaul - RuPaul Presents the CoverGurlz
RuPaul - RuPaul Red Hot
RuPaul - RuPaul. ReWorked
RuPaul - Slay Belles
RuPaul - Starrbooty (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
RuPaul - SuperGlam DQ

EPs & Singles list:
Charles Ramsey - Help Me Get Out - Single
DJ 1st Blood - Kapooya Song - Single
Lucian Piane - The Baddest Bitches in Herstory (From Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars, Season 2) - Single
NSA featuring RuPaul - Computer Love
RuPaul - (Here It Comes) Around Again - Single
RuPaul - American (feat. The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 10) - Single
RuPaul - Can I Get an Amen (feat. The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5) - Single
RuPaul - Category Is (feat. The Cast of Rupaul's Drag Race, Season 9) - Single
RuPaul - Champion - Single
RuPaul - Cher The Unauthorized Rusical (feat. The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 10) - Single
RuPaul - Cover Girl - Single
RuPaul - Divas Live - Single
RuPaul - DRAG UP YOUR LIFE - Single
RuPaul - I Bring the Beat - Single
RuPaul - If I Dream (Remixes) - Single
RuPaul - Jealous Of My Boogie - Single
RuPaul - Jealous Of My Boogie - The RuMixes
RuPaul - Kitty Girl (feat. The Cast of Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars, Season 3) - Single
RuPaul - Lick It Lollipop (feat. Lady Bunny) - Single
RuPaul - Live Forever (Remixes) - Single
RuPaul - Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous
RuPaul - Peanut Butter (feat. Big Freedia) - Single
RuPaul - People Are People (Featuring Tom Trujillo)
RuPaul - PharmaRusical - Single
RuPaul - Responsitrannity - Single
RuPaul - RuPaul Supermodel (You Better Work) Rumixes
RuPaul - Say My Name (feat. RuPaul) - EP
RuPaul - Sexy Drag Queen [Remixes] - Single
RuPaul - SITTING ON A SECRET - Single
Rupaul - Supermodel (You Better Work) - Single
RuPaul - Superstar - Single
RuPaul - Theme from Drag U - Single
RuPaul - Workout The Rumixes - EP
Sweet Brown - Ain't Nobody Got Time for That (feat. The Parody Factory) - Single
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/rupaul/20834406
购买主题 已有 1 人购买  本主题需向作者支付 500 Gold 才能浏览

主题

回帖

积分

Gold Member

积分
发表于 2019-6-25 23:54:21 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 10:02 , Processed in 0.094314 second(s), 18 queries .