回帖

204万

积分

Site Editor

积分

突出贡献

发表于 2019-4-3 03:26:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

About Westlife
Formed in Dublin in 1998, Westlife followed in the tradition of European boy bands like Take That and Boyzone. The group performed ballads and club-worthy pop songs for a devoted European audience, becoming one of the continent's most successful bands in the process. Although they never managed to find American success, Westlife released six platinum-selling records in the U.K. and eventually sold more than 40 million albums worldwide, a feat that helped them eclipse the popularity of pop titans like Boyzone, whose lead singer had managed the band during its infancy.
Vocalists Shane Filan, Kian Egan, and Mark Feehily first performed together in another pop group, IOYOU, and experienced their first brush with success when Simon Cowell considered signing them to BMG. The group's other singers didn't make the cut, however, and a new round of auditions was launched to find more capable members. Nicky Byrne and Bryan McFadden were eventually added, the group was signed, and Westlife began prepping its debut album with the help of Louis Walsh, Boyzone's manager, and Boyzone member Ronan Keating. Their debut single, "Flying Without Wings," entered the U.K. charts at number one in 1999, a feat that Westlife replicated one year later with "Seasons in the Sun" and "Swear It Again." All three songs were also released on the group's self-titled debut, which was met with similar success and went platinum in the U.K. An American release followed in early 2000 courtesy of Arista Records.
Westlife never managed to make a dent in Americas pop scene, where national acts like the Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, and Britney Spears reigned supreme. It was a different story in the U.K., though, where the group charted 14 number one singles and continued releasing hit albums. Both Coast to Coast and A World of Our Own went multi-platinum, and the group celebrated its success by releasing a hits compilation, Unbreakable, Vol. 1: The Greatest Hits, in 2002. Turnaround followed in 2003 and fared similarly well, but Bryan McFadden nevertheless left the lineup one later year in the hopes of launching his own career. Real to Me, his first single as a solo artist, topped the charts in 2004.
Westlife continued touring after McFaddens exit and released Allow Us to Be Frank, a tribute to the Rat Pack, in late 2004. They returned to their contemporary pop formula with 2005s Face to Face -- their biggest-selling album in three years -- and continued releasing material throughout the rest of the decade, including The Love Album, Back Home, and Where We Are.

Albums list:
Westlife - Allow Us to Be Frank
Westlife - Back Home
Westlife - Coast to Coast
Westlife - Coast to Coast (UK Version)
Westlife - Face to Face
Westlife - Gravity
Westlife - The Farewell Tour - Live at Croke Park Westlife
Westlife - The Love Album
Westlife - Turnaround
Westlife - Turnaround (International Version)
Westlife - Unbreakable - The Greatest Hits, Vol. 1
Westlife - Westlife
Westlife - Westlife - Greatest Hits (Deluxe Edition)
Westlife - Westlife - The Lovesongs
Westlife - Westlife Greatest Hits
Westlife - Westlife iTunes Essentials
Westlife - Where We Are
Westlife - World of Our Own
Westlife - 鍾愛一生 情歌自選輯 (情牽亞洲版-2CD)

EP & Singles list:
Westlife - Amazing - EP
Westlife - Better Man - Single
Westlife - Better Man (Orchestral Version) - Single
Westlife - Everybody Hurts - Single
Westlife - Hello My Love - Single
Westlife - Hello My Love (Acoustic) - Single
Westlife - Hello My Love (John Gibbons Remix) - Single
Westlife - Home - EP
Westlife - Home - Single
Westlife - I Have a Dream Seasons In the Sun - EP
Westlife - Lighthouse - Single
Westlife - Safe - Single
Westlife - Something Right - Single
Westlife - Tonight - Single
Westlife - Us Against the World - Single
Westlife - When You Tell Me That You Love Me - EP
Westlife - You Raise Me Up - EP
Westlife & Diana Ross - When You Tell Me That You Love Me- EP
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/westlife/807028
购买主题 已有 2 人购买  本主题需向作者支付 500 Gold 才能浏览

主题

回帖

积分

Gold Member

积分
发表于 2019-6-25 23:41:51 | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing

主题

回帖

积分

Gold Member

积分
发表于 2019-8-28 23:19:15 | 显示全部楼层

thanks for sharing

主题

回帖

积分

Retired Member

积分
发表于 2021-2-2 11:02:11 | 显示全部楼层
THX FO UR SHARING !
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 20:23 , Processed in 0.085999 second(s), 18 queries .