主题

回帖

21万

积分

Editor

积分
发表于 2024-6-11 21:56:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

About Al Green
In the '70s, singer Al Green transformed soul music, dispensing with machismo in favor of seductiveness, his creamy, silken croon spiked with church-like interjections, a deep sexuality lurking beneath a hushed vulnerability. Born in Arkansas in 1946, Green moved with his family to Michigan, where at age 10 he started singing with his brothers. He later formed a vocal group of his own; after his first couple of singles failed to connect, in 1969 he hooked up with Memphis producer Willie Mitchell, who signed him to Hi Records and began helping Green develop his own musical identity. Mitchell and his killer house band gave the singer a unique sound: lean grooves meticulously accented with lush strings, fat snare, and horn punctuations that lag ever so slightly behind the beat. Green was given generous space to play with phrasing like it was putty. Beginning with his second album for the label, Al Green Gets Next to You, he released a string of hits, including “Let’s Stay Together” and “I’m Still in Love with You,” that have remained cultural markers and synonyms for intimacy decades later. By the mid-'70s, Green’s personal life had led him toward religion, and in 1976 he established the Full Gospel Tabernacle in Memphis. He continued to record secular music until 1979, at which point he dedicated himself fully to gospel, as Reverend Al Green. Starting in the late ’80s, he sporadically returned to the soul world, and in the 2000s he made a series of albums for Blue Note, including a reunion with Mitchell and another album made with Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson. He returned to the road in 2019, for the first time in seven years, carrying on a tradition of allowing audiences to sing the words to tunes that have become common currency.

Albums list:
Al Green - Al Green Explores Your Mind
Al Green - Al Green Is Love
Al Green - Call Me
Al Green - Full of Fire
Al Green - Gets Next to You
Al Green - Greatest Hits  The Best of Al Green
Al Green - Green Is Blues
Al Green - Have a Good Time
Al Green - He Is the Light
Al Green - I'm Still in Love with You (Mastered)
Al Green - Livin' For You
Al Green - Testify  The Best of the A&M Years
Al Green - The Hi Records Singles Collection
Al Green, F.A.M.E.'s Macedonian Symphonic Orchestra & Oleg Kondratenko - Give Me More Love
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/al-green/99603

购买主题 本主题需向作者支付 150 Gold 才能浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-6-27 03:26 , Processed in 0.070593 second(s), 19 queries .