主题

回帖

22万

积分

编辑员

积分
发表于 2024-9-11 21:55:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

About Eric Church
Nowhere on his sixth album does Eric Church directly address either of the two most tumultuous events that occurred during its making, but their presence is felt. Exasperation over the politicized aftermath of the shooting at the Church-headlined Route 91 festival imbues opener “The Snake,” casting the current national divide as intractable and poisonous. Bookending that is slow-burn closer “Drowning Man,” lamenting the dire prospects of an average American worker caught in the middle of that divide. In between, Church's life-affirming relief over successful emergency surgery to remove a deadly blood clot can be heard in the joyous survivor's boogie of “Hangin' Around,” the opposites-attract waltz “Heart Like a Wheel,” and the “Sympathy for the Devil”-nudging title track (“Fortune teller told me/'No more last chances, you got no future at all'/Oh, but I ain't listenin'”). No one would blame Church if he wanted to use either of these experiences to grandstand a little, but he is canny enough to understand the power of what isn't said.

Albums list:
Eric Church - Carolina
Eric Church - Carolina (UK Version)
Eric Church - Caught In the Act  Live (Mastered)
Eric Church - Chief
Eric Church - Sinners Like Me
Eric Church - The Outsiders (Mastered)

EPs & Singles list:
Eric Church - & - EP (Mastered)

Singles list:
Eric Church - Crazyland - Single (Mastered)
Eric Church - Doing Life With Me - Single (Mastered)
Eric Church - Stick That in Your Country Song - Single (Mastered)
Eric Church - The Outsiders - Single
Eric Church - Through My Ray-Bans - Single (Mastered)
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/eric-church/123055194

购买主题 本主题需向作者支付 70 Gold 才能浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-9-19 23:23 , Processed in 0.069914 second(s), 18 queries .