主题

回帖

22万

积分

编辑员

积分
发表于 2024-10-1 04:19:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

About Groove Armada
Active since the late ’90s, the British electronic duo Groove Armada have touched on numerous styles, including big beat, house, dancehall, and electro-funk. Along the way, they’ve amassed nearly a dozen Top 40 UK hits.
• Before teaming up as Groove Armada, friends Andy Cato and Tom Findlay DJ’d a London disco party night called Captain Sensual at the Helm of the Groove Armada.
• Keeping the name Groove Armada, Cato and Findlay began recording. They bought bargain bin records to sample, including Patti Page’s 1957 song “Old Cape Cod,” which they used for their 1997 breakout track “At the River,” which became a Top 20 hit in 1999.
• “I See You Baby,” off 1999’s Vertigo, was a Top 20 UK hit at the time of its release. The song subsequently grew in popularity and reached No. 11 in 2004, when it was included on a best-of compilation.
• After indie success, Groove Armada signed with the dance subsidiary of Jive Records to release 2001's Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub). It reached No. 5 on the UK charts.
• Groove Armada’s reggae-influenced 2001 single “Superstylin’” was nominated for Best Dance Recording at the 2003 Grammy Awards. A year later, the house-flavored “Easy” was nominated in the same category.
• The duo’s fifth album, 2007’s Soundboy Rock, yielded two Top 10 UK singles: “Get Down” and “Song for Mutya (Out of Control).”
• Over the years, Groove Armada has worked with an impressive list of guest vocalists, including Richie Havens, Bryan Ferry, Sunshine Anderson, Neneh Cherry, and Jeru The Damaja.

Albums list:
Groove Armada - Black Light
Groove Armada - Black Light (Deluxe Edition)
Groove Armada - GA25
Groove Armada - Groove Armada Greatest Hits
Groove Armada - Late Night Tales  Groove Armada
Groove Armada - Late Night Tales  Groove Armada - Another Late Night (Remastered)
Groove Armada - Lovebox
Groove Armada - Original Album Classics
Groove Armada - Soundboy Rock
Groove Armada - Soundboy Rock (Bonus Track Version)
Groove Armada - The Best of Groove Armada

EPs & Singles list:
Groove Armada - History (Remixes)
Groove Armada - I Won't Kneel
Groove Armada - Paper Romance
Groove Armada - Paper Romance EP2
Groove Armada - Drop the Tough - EP
Groove Armada - Fortune Cookie - EP
Groove Armada - Late Night Mixes, Pt. 2 - EP
Groove Armada - Late Night Remixes Part.1 - EP
Groove Armada - Look Me In the Eye Sister - EP
Groove Armada featuring Gram'Ma Funk - I See You Baby - EP

Singles list:
Groove Armada - Lover 4 Now [Edit] (feat. Todd Edwards) - Single
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/groove-armada/1727137

购买主题 本主题需向作者支付 130 Gold 才能浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-10-23 10:32 , Processed in 0.072668 second(s), 18 queries .