主题

回帖

22万

积分

编辑员

积分
发表于 2024-10-15 06:02:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

About James Brown
In the history of music, it’s likely that no other performer has been as inexhaustible as the Godfather of Soul. Before he was The Hardest Working Man in Show Business, James Brown was a poor boy from South Carolina, born in 1933 in a wooden shack. Convicted of robbery at 16, Brown started a gospel quartet behind bars, and singer Bobby Byrd’s family helped him get out early. Released under the name James Brown & The Famous Flames, 1956’s gospel-inflected “Please, Please, Please” gave Brown his first taste of chart success, but it took nearly a decade of relentless touring to make good on it. With 1963’s blazing Live at the Apollo, listeners got a proper taste of Brown’s explosive talents, and from the mid-‘60s to the mid-’70s, he burned up the R&B charts. It’s this era that defined Brown’s musical legend, and during those years he evolved from upbeat soul (1965’s “Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag, Pt. 1”) to funk marathons (1970’s “Get Up I Feel Like Being a Sex Machine,” which features his all-star band, The J.B.’s), and amplified a message of Black empowerment with 1968’s “Say It Loud (I’m Black and I’m Proud), Pts. 1 & 2.” In the ‘80s, artists who sampled his music, like Afrika Bambaataa, with whom Brown collaborated on 1984’s hopeful “Unity, Pt. 1: The Third Coming,” placed him at the vanguard of rap. The relationship was fruitful; Brown’s music lives on in a wider sense than he might have dreamed—as the most sampled artist of all time.

Albums list:
James Brown & The Famous Flames - I Got You (I Feel Good)
James Brown - 20 All Time Greatest Hits!
James Brown - 20th Century Masters  The Christmas Collection  James Brown
James Brown - Best of Live At the Apollo  50th Anniversary
James Brown - Get On Up  The James Brown Story (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Mastered)
James Brown - Gold
James Brown - In the Jungle Groove
James Brown - James Brown  Live at the Apollo
James Brown - Legenden des Soul  James Brown
James Brown - Motherlode
James Brown - Number 1's
James Brown - Sex Machine
James Brown - Star Time
James Brown - The 50th Anniversary Collection
James Brown - The Payback
Various Artists - The Best of Funk Legends - James Brown, Ohio Players, Kool & the Gang and Sly Stone, Vol. 1
Various Artists - The Best of Funk Legends - James Brown, Ohio Players, Kool & the Gang and Sly Stone, Vol. 2
Various Artists - The Best of Funk Legends - James Brown, Ohio Players, Kool & the Gang and Sly Stone, Vol. 3

EPs & Singles list:
James Brown - Sho Is Funky Down Here - EP
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/james-brown/117118

购买主题 本主题需向作者支付 200 Gold 才能浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|Mobile|Jail|Hoodoola 点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-10-23 10:21 , Processed in 0.073680 second(s), 18 queries .